I DON'T UNDERSTAND I HAVE GOOD SPEC.

flightsimer x Guest

i amo not sur why fsx is not working right. if fsx's specs. are 1.0 processor and a 15 GB memory.

i have a 1.7 GHz processor and a 512 mb of ram and i believe 80 or 60 GB hard drive.

i do have a DVD drive. 915 GM/GMS 910 GML Express Chipset family

and a 128MB space for it. can anyone tell me why fsx lags and its on low graphics!

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

512mb of ram is your problem right there i had that amont and FSX worked like a load of crap i upgraded to a gig and a half and it was golden so i would suggest getting that upgraded *(it's the MIMIMUM)* that it wants to use which means it'll work just not nearly as good

Hope this helps 😉

Flyboy92

guest 12 Guest

yeh good luck

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The minimum specifications on software are a joke, I would double whatever they list to get satisfactory performance. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
jmpetre Trainee

Alright, I've been playing around for a while, and have been reading all the posts on "why can't my computer run fsx", and I pretty much have the same question, but I really think my computer should run fsx on at least "high" settings. I currently have all the options set to the default "high" setting, but I maxed the ai aviation traffic. Fsx runs very, very choppy for me at this level. Here are my specs:

AMD 3800+
3gb Dual-Channel pc3200
ATI Radeon X1650, 512mb ddr2
SATA WD, 7200rpm

I also just ran a full system defrag with o&o defrag, and didn't notice much of a difference. Are my expectations to high for my equipment? Is autogen killing me? If I set everything to high, but turn autogen to low, I still get the choppiness. Or should it be running fine and there's an underlying problem with my computer?

Thanks for giving some repetitive answers. I appreciate it.

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

Yeah, I don't know why microsoft would make a game meant to run in a 2008 computer, here are my specs:

AMD 3200+ 64-bit rated at 3.2GHz (single core)
Asus A8N-ALI Deluxe motherboard
2GB of DDR memory
ATI Radeon X800 256MB graphics card (16X Pipelines)
Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM 8MB cache hard drive

I defragmented my hard drive and shut off background applications and yet I put the settings on medium high and my computer only gets 6.6-8 FPS. I wonder is it even possible to run this game in the highest settings possible in the currents PC's we have in the market?

guest 12 Guest

is your card the saphire x800xt? or just radeon x800?

Just Curious Guest

Hello,
I am also having issues with fsx they are a bit weird and I am not understanding it at all:

I am running:

E6600 Core 2 Duo: 2.4Ghz
Asus 7600GT 512mb ddr2
IDE 60 gig Hard Drive(dedicated to FSX)
1 gig DDR2 Ram

I think my ram is what my choke point is but I honestly dont know. I am running on medium high graphics and says im getting 15 frames; but it jumps around like its getting 5. It also takes about 5 minutes to load the game and another 5 to load after I click fly now. Any suggestions?

WantFSX Guest

Well, I have.....

3.2GHz Dual Core Intel Processor
4GB of DDR2 Ram
256mb video card

and I get pretty good results with the settings turned up all the way EXCEPT when I turn the AI settings up....then it gets really choppy really quick. Even when its 20+fps, I prefer fs9 over fsx anyday.

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

I have seen FSX on three different PC configurations now. My office PC is 3800 athlon-7600 nvidia-1 gig ram and it plays good at medium settings.

Home PC has Dual core Athlon CPU-7950 super clocked 512mb nvidia card- 2 gig ram. Runs good with everything at about 75% settings including Auto gen on high. If I turn auto gen down some I can max everything else and still get 15 to 25 FPS.

Friend has a pentium dual core- 8800nvidia super clocked - 4 gig ram- 250mb hard drive 10,000rpm and his game is set at max on everything. It runs very smooth and I am amazed at how fast it loads. He can be in the air in under a minute from the time he clicks his icon.

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

guest 12 wrote:

is your card the saphire x800xt? or just radeon x800?

I have a RadeonX800

Pro Member Trainee
pcmechanic Trainee

FSX crawls along for me too.....very very disappointing!

I have

1GB PC3200 RAM
ATHLON64 4000+
WD RAPTOR 150GB
XTX NVIDIA 7950GT 512MB GRAPHICS
ASUS A8N-SLI MOBO

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

pcmechanic wrote:

FSX crawls along for me too.....very very disappointing!

I have

1GB PC3200 RAM
ATHLON64 4000+
WD RAPTOR 150GB
XTX NVIDIA 7950GT 512MB GRAPHICS
ASUS A8N-SLI MOBO

Bump your ram to 2 gig. You will see a big difference. Your running a pretty decent set-up, just a tad low on ram.

guest 12 Guest

hmmmm just a thought but i have seen in the perivious post that you guys are using older and slower ram (ddr) instead of faster (ddr2 and above), maybe that is wat causes some lag for you guys? correct me if im wrong.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...