Are these good Spec's for fs2002???

Bartfs Guest

K im buying a new pc
are these spec's good enough for FS2002 ( no lagg at big airports cuz of buildings and AI traffic)

AMD® AthlonTM 64 X2 Dual-Core processor 3800+
Windows XP
Memory: 512MB DDR2 533Mhz
Harddisk: 250GB SATA (7,200rpm)
Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 LE

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That set will run Flight Simulator 2002 adequately but you should really get Flight Simulator 2004, you can find it for $20 and it's better. Many add on programs require at least FS 2004.

Pro Member Trainee
Austin (AirAustin) Trainee

What would be best is the ever-popular FSX! The computer I use for FSX is a Gateway GT5228 with onboard NVidia graphics card (I am trying to get the NVidea Ge-Force 7200 to work, it just won`t work right now) with Dual Core proccesor, a Samsung 19" Widescreen monitor and keyboard and speakers and a mouse of course, and I have a Logitech Attack 3 joystick, and I bought it January 4 of this year (2007) and FSX is working very smoothly with full settings. So see if you can find those things, I got them from Circuit City, and I also noticed that it`s on http://www.gateway.com/ That site contains just the computer itself with the speakers and all that that comes with a computer; get all the stuff except possibly not the joystick at http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/home.do and I know you can get the joystick at Best Buy stores, or maybe online at http://www.bestbuy.com/ I`m sure you`d find what you need for FSX if you want to get it 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

With a good setup like that get the ram up to 2 gigs, 512mb isn't enough.

Like CRJ said, run 2004.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
piper_wichmon Trainee

yeah it should run 2002 fine.

i have this:

256mb ram
pentium 4 2.59ghz
win xp
250gb ide
some onboard graphics card

and it works great.. graphics are edgy, but that doesn't bother me much

Bartfs Guest

RadarMan wrote:

With a good setup like that get the ram up to 2 gigs, 512mb isn't enough.

Like CRJ said, run 2004.

Radar

How can u get the Ram up?
How much money does it gonna cost?

And about fs2004, Are these specs well for it too???

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Bartfs wrote:

How can u get the Ram up?
How much money does it gonna cost?
And about fs2004, Are these specs well for it too???

You have to buy more RAM and install/have it installed. The trick is that there are many different types of RAM and you have to get the right type for your computer.

RAM varies in price based on the type(speed) and where you buy it. I think that $100 per Gigabyte is close.

With an increase in RAM, FS2004 should run fine.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

All of the above people have given you excellent advice but sometimes things work perfectly well as they are. For example my PC specs are
AMD Sempron 2800+ processor
512 mb of RAM
Windows XP Pro
Nvidia Geforce 6800 LE Graphics card
60 gig Hard Drive
My FS2004 runs like a dream and looks like this

So sometimes if it ain't broke don't try to fix it! 😀

Bartfsguest Guest

Welshflyer wrote:

All of the above people have given you excellent advice but sometimes things work perfectly well as they are. For example my PC specs are
AMD Sempron 2800+ processor
512 mb of RAM
Windows XP Pro
Nvidia Geforce 6800 LE Graphics card
60 gig Hard Drive
My FS2004 runs like a dream and looks like this

So sometimes if it ain't broke don't try to fix it! 😀

Wow nice!!!!
So if 2004 runs well at your pc, does fs2002 runs very good at mine??

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Like CRJCapt and Radarman said FS2002 will run perfectly well on your pc but like them i would recommend FS2004!
PS the image i posted contains addons and is not default aircraft ,scenery or sky textures!

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

On second thoughts, listen to CRJCapt and Radarman buy the best you can afford because this will put you in good stead for the future, while mine runs great now it's starting to show it's age.

Bartfs Guest

Welshflyer wrote:

On second thoughts, listen to CRJCapt and Radarman buy the best you can afford because this will put you in good stead for the future, while mine runs great now it's starting to show it's age.

Many thanks 😀 😀

I go try it with FS2002 and maybe when i got some spare money left i will go buy FS2004 🙂

Thanks,
Bart

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...