fsx crashing!!

pilotpete22 Guest

Hi all fellow simmers! I wondered if someone could help me out.

Everytime i go to fly on flight sim it crashes on l load up. Has this happened to any of you? Can anyone advise me on what to do?

Thanks!!! 😀

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
smonkcaptain Guest

if i was you i would reboot fsx and your computer from all unwanted files and programs and try again

Surprised

Pro Member Trainee
navyredman Trainee

This happened to me, then I installed the FSX SDK and updated it. Now everything works perfect.

guest Guest

I get this, in fact I get that many bad things with FSX that I have decided to re-install FS9.

The frame rate is crap on FSX, this is on a Dual Core with a 7600GT graphics card wich runs other games perfectly.

Honestly, Microsoft should give the code to some real programmers to optimize it. bet they could get it running on a 486DX !

x pilot Guest

i have the same problem. it makes the pc run so hot i have to take the side off the tower, not like i dont have enough cooling in there as it is! it does my head in and i think it was not worth the price FSX hurry microsoft and get some patches and fixes cause its about to go on ebay!

fs9 with extra downloads and that runs so much better, most of the airports that i fly too look better than fsx....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When you take the side of the case you defeat the engineering that went into the air flow.
Put a fan in the rear (bow hot air out) and a fan in the front (blow cool in in) and keep them clear of dust.
Always check your heatsink for dust, that's what overheats first, crashing the sim.

Radar

Woovie Guest

I am having a similar problem, I think at least. I have a Pentium 4HT 3.2ghz, 1Gb of Samsung ram, A 9800xt, 200gb WD 7200 rpm HDD, 550 watt power supply. I can go to the basic menu, to change settings, start a flight, all of that good stuff, But when I get past the Loading terrain, etc., I freeze. Sometimes I will see the actual inside of the cockpit, the outside area, Other times I just freeze. I had this happen, even with ALL settings on minimal.

I have XFire woovie
And MSN w00v13@hotmail.com

Someone reply to this at least, or if you have a fix, please IM me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you cleaned it then defrag, clean out the old video drivers, load new ones. lower the settings to default and see if that works.

Radar

Woovie Guest

It was a fresh install of XP I used mine on. Everything was brand because I had the problem before the format too.

Woovie Guest

I forgot the word new in there. Also, maybe if I was not forced to run at such a high resolution I bet mine would work

Almost all of my games freeze above 800x600.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...