fsx crashing the system after playing...

armydust Guest

hi,

i am running fsx delux on a 2 gig athlon ddr400 with a geforce 7600 graphics card and when in game play after about 20-40 mins my machine crashes, it a brand new pc. it was running hot, so i installed a super cooler fan on the cpu, installed another fan on the back of the tower, took the side panel off and its still crashing... any ideas?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Is it a default aircraft or are you using an addon aircraft?
It crashes on me when i'm using the Flight deck 4 aircraft or the SR-71 blackbird.

Pro Member Trainee
navyredman Trainee

I don't know, but mine was doing the same thing one night. Then the next night I booted up and it stopped doing it. My graffics card wasn't running hot at all either, so I'm not sure if that's a problem.

I was doing runs from Iwo Jima to Tokyo once in a lear and once in a 747 and once in an A380. They all had the same results. About 3/4 of the way there while changing veiws it would crash and restart my computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I know the answer to your problem,
for some reason a flight can only be 5 hours i think, then you have to end flight an recreat a new one, making transatlantic flights impossible. I never officially read anyting abou that but that's what i've figured from my own experiments. You probably have similiar system to me.

armydust Guest

i was doing a 55 min flight from harare international to kariba in zimbabwe in a baron, had medium weather, all traffic and detail on extreamly high, the pc didnt miss a heart beat! till 30 odd miles decending kariba my pc crashed!

i have also had this problem when trying to load missions etc.. its rather iritating to it there for a hour and the flight is going smooth and this happens! dont have anything else on this pc, its purly for flight sim and internet!!!!!

fs9 was a dream, with all the addons etc it was not bad at all maxed out, fsx on the otherhand is not prooving anything to me really at the moment!

the only stuff i have downloaded for fsx is the scenery patch!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...