Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

PMDG 737NG SIDs and STARs

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

Hi and Happy New Year,

I'm having trouble getting SID's and STAR's for the 737NG/800/900 FMC. I just purchased credits for the latest AIRAC cycle (0613 at this time) expecting this to rectify the problem.

However, still only a few random terminal procedures are available (I can't see any new ones). I checked on the PMDG website and although I don't fully understand what they are trying to say but I think it's along the lines of "you can only get SID/STAR data for US aiports and a token sample for everywhere else!".

Does anyone know where or indeed if such an update is available - I'm partucularly keen to get European data. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Cheers
Dan

2 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
renesis Trainee

Stop the clock!

I've found what I'm looking for - I think!

It seems as though PMDG use freely available DAFIF data which is supplied by/for the United States military and hence why not all civil airports are catered for. Incidentally, I checked this website and found that they have withdrawn the "free" data service.

In any case I found the SID's and STAR's updates on Navdata website - it was there all the time!! Seems to have furnished me with many more terminal procedures so problem solved.

Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

renesis wrote:

Stop the clock!

I've found what I'm looking for - I think!

It seems as though PMDG use freely available DAFIF data which is supplied by/for the United States military and hence why not all civil airports are catered for. Incidentally, I checked this website and found that they have withdrawn the "free" data service.

In any case I found the SID's and STAR's updates on Navdata website - it was there all the time!! Seems to have furnished me with many more terminal procedures so problem solved.

Thanks.

Ya, I seem to remember them advetising "Lifetime" updates when I got my 737 and 747 from them.

Isnt that kinda like breach of contract?