What is more important Processor or Video Card

I am writing on behalf of my son who has been an avid FS user since he was 10. He now is 14 and only due to FAA rules would be a licenced pilot. He has over 30 flight hours .

He has 2 computers . First is a HP a424 eith 2.6 Ghz pent 4 1 gig ram and 64 mb Intel Extreme integrated video card, no PCI_e slot. The other is e machines 2.0 Ghz AMD Sampron 128 Nvidia Video Card and 1 gig ram with a PCI-e slot available

Would gettin a 512 Video card PCI-e make since for the 2.0 ghz puter for better performance. Both computers currently get a little choppy and freeze especially in multiplayer.

Also, he has the yoke and peddles do they cause problems?

Any help would be appreciated as he is driving me crazy.

And no we are not buying him a new computer lol.

Thank you,

Kathy

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I am writing on behalf of my son who has been an avid FS user since he was 10. He now is 14 and only due to FAA rules would be a licenced pilot. He has over 30 flight hours .

He has 2 computers . First is a HP a424 eith 2.6 Ghz pent 4 1 gig ram and 64 mb Intel Extreme integrated video card, no PCI_e slot. The other is e machines 2.0 Ghz AMD Sampron 128 Nvidia Video Card and 1 gig ram with a PCI-e slot available

Would gettin a 512 Video card PCI-e make since for the 2.0 ghz puter for better performance. Both computers currently get a little choppy and freeze especially in multiplayer.

Also, he has the yoke and peddles do they cause problems?

Any help would be appreciated as he is driving me crazy.

And no we are not buying him a new computer lol.

Thank you,

Kathy

😁 Hi kathy!!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Nitecrawler Trainee

Both are important, but having the graphic card with the 512MG memory will be a major help. The graphic card takes a lot of strain and burdon off of the CPU generally speaking. Increasing your PC memory will also help a lot also. If at possible, moving up to 1.5 or 2.0 Gig or memory will assist on smoothing things out, if your mother board can use that much memory.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...