Nav Lights and BCN

Pro Member Trainee
SimmerGuy Trainee

In the default Cessna 172SP, and other airplanes I am sure, the switch panel shows a rotating Beacon switch "BCN" and a Nav light switch "NAV". Both switches are functional when toggled with the mouse.

I am setting up an external switch panel to duplicate these functions. However, when I go to the Settings screen and then CONTROLS - BUTTONS/KEYS tab, I can not find the Beacon or Navigation Lights shown anywhere.

If they are functional on the panel displayed on the monitor, they must be in the Settings menus somewhere. Can someone help me out with where I can find these 2 items?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't have FSX but I'm guessing that it's the same light setup is the same as FS9. In FS9, you don't have independent control of the NAV and Beacon lights in the controls assignment area.

All lights-------------------Press L
Taxi light only-------------Press L (turns on all lights) then Press Ctrl+L (leaves taxi, beacon and strobes)
Strobes--------------------Press O(Oscar)
Panel lights----------------Shift+L
Landing light---------------Ctrl+L

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

This is one of my pet peeves. When ever I see flight sim videos and people have their strobe lights turned on when they are still on the ramp or taxing Evil or Very Mad. Just grinds my gears lol

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

Replying to spitfiresrule: It is quite common to have the strobe lights on while taxing to the runway . I have seen this on many internation flights but they do turn them off at the ramp.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...