Boeing 737 NAV Lights

Pro Member Trainee
ehuang6 Trainee

For all the jet aircraft in FSX, the NAV lights can be turned on by clicking the NAV lights switch on the overhead panel.

How come there is no such switch on the overhead panel of the 737?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

Good question bud

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Best I can tell the only way to do it is to map it to a key command or joystick button...

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

As traches said map it to a key, that's all i do.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

I never understood why the stock aircraft on FSX suck so hard. Stupid bugs such as this one, the VC textures are fugly, and they're obnoxiously simplified and dumbed down.

No reason the only part of most people's FSX installations is the gui and the modeling engine 😀

(add-on a/c, atc, textures, etc.)

donpilot Guest

You can modify your aircraft.cfg file to make the Logo switch control the Nav lights.

The logo switch in the 737 issues a command to turn on a type "9" light. Since there is no true logo light for this model, I use that switch to turn on the nav lights as seen below in my aircraft.cfg file modification:
light.0 = 9, -24.20, -56.60, 3.90, fx_navredm ,
light.1 = 9, -24.20, 56.60, 3.90, fx_navgrem ,
light.8 = 9, -29.50, -56.60, 3.70, fx_navwhih ,
light.9 = 9, -29.50, 56.60, 3.70, fx_navwhih ,

Change your default light.x = 3 entries to light.x = 9

rmb823 Guest

If you didn't change anything in the setting under button, then if you just press the L key it turns on all the lights, nav, beacon, position and all others

rmb823 Guest

My previous answer may be confusing to some. Bottom line is just press the letter L key to turn on all lights, and press it again to turn them off, hope that helps all of you.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...