What a Processer!!!

Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

I was just on this website before getting a External Hard Drive and apparantly theres a INTELĀ® Core 2 Extreme Quad Core QX6700 (4 X 2.66GHz/1066MHz/8MB) processer. Thats a 10.64Ghz (i think) processer!!!
I wonder what FSX would be like with that with along 4096 MB CORSAIR XMS2 800MHz RAM. That would be amazing!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

b3mmredm wrote:

I was just on this website before getting a External Hard Drive and apparantly theres a INTELĀ® Core 2 Extreme Quad Core QX6700 (4 X 2.66GHz/1066MHz/8MB) processer. Thats a 10.64Ghz (i think) processer!!! I wonder what FSX would be like with that with along 4096 MB CORSAIR XMS2 800MHz RAM. That would be amazing!

That is one of the best processors but you don't multiply the speed by four. Interestingly, the dual core X6800 did better than the QX6700 on some top computer. It's complicated because the total system plays a part in the performance. Here is a link to a review of some of the fastest computers. It lists all of there components and even shows how well they run FSX. 🙂
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156027

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

I have Intel P duel core 3.4 gig
FSX only use about 55% of each processer,what make the most difference is the graphics card and the amount of ram it has. the whole system also plays a part. Most people forget the mother board is important as everything else is connected to it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...