FSX crashing during flight

Pro Member Trainee
KiloBravo1963 Trainee

I dont ask for much but why can't I fly a mission with out it crashing (system crash) half way thru a mission or free flight. It always happens using the menu use and it frustrating. I have researched and done all the fixes. I am a hobby simmer and don't want to buy a gaming computer to have to upgrade to MS2020. I am not a programmer so please keep it simple for me. I appreciate anything. Thanks

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
StreamKing55 Trainee

The most common answer, and it's happened to a lot of us, is your computer is probably not up to specs on either the CPU, the onboard ram, the graphics processor or all the above. I have 16 gigs of RAM and it didn't help.

If your computer has integrated graphics it won't matter how much system RAM you have...you will have problems even with all of the simulator graphic sliders on the lowest settings. Mine always kicked me to the desktop just as I was lining up with the localizer (after flying the route for over an hour--aarghhhh!).

My solution was to buy an $89 Nvidia card from Amazon (ZODAK GT-730). Everybody on YouTube and Amazon trashed it because it wouldn't play modern games. But FSX is an old game and it works great for me. I haven't been booted out once since installing it.

Good luck.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...