How to make planes flyable

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Hi, I would like to know where I could find what I need to be able to fly the MD-83 and DeHavilland Dash 8 AI planes in FSX. I've been looking everywhere for the panels and all but cant quite seem to be able to put my hands on them. I'm also looking for good virtual cockpit for my BAE-146 plane. I came with the 747 2D panel and I want better. If anyone could help with this, it would be juuuussst awesome! Cheers!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
THEFLYBOY28 Trainee

About flying the Dash 8 and MD-83 AI aircraft. I have be looking around on the web to find an answer to that too. Except I have FS2004. But when I was looking I found an wikipedia article that gave a link to make those two AI aircraft flyable. The page with the Dash 8 is http://www.simviation.com/fsxprops2.htm
the second download called FSX AI Dash 8-100 Made Flyable
The page that has the MD-83 is
http://www.simviation.com/fsxjets15.htm
the seventh download called FSX Default MD-83 made Flyable

Another way to make the two planes flyable is to use the Aircraft Editor. Open the editor and then open one of the models. It will have MD-83, MD-83 Paint 1, and MD-83 paint 2 (or something like this) listed. click one of them and then make a copy, save it to the aircraft folder, open FS and you should be able to fly it. The only problem though is that you won't have a panel. But you can use another panel from a different plane, or just download one online. Then do the same for the other MD-83 models and the Dash 8 models

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Cool, I found the make the Dash8 flyable but never the MD-83. When you do make the MD-80 flyable be sure to download the MD-80 panel, it is more realistic.

Pro Member Trainee
THEFLYBOY28 Trainee

Where can I get the panels. I'm only using the Learjet45 panel for the MD-83 now. And the KingAir for the Dash 8. That would be great if I could get the real panel?

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

The Dash 8 thing I downloaded had a panel. Go to flightsim.com and do a search.

Pro Member Trainee
THEFLYBOY28 Trainee

Thanks man.

Brian Rushfeldt Guest

simply take a .air file from a good similar plane. put it in the AI aircraft and rename it to what the AI air file is called ( first delete the original AI .air file tho).

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...