arghh a bug! please help!

stu007 Guest

when im playin fs 2k4 in flight, and pres the alt button to bring up a menu, the game suddenly freezes! Please can anyone help me on how to resolve this.

Thx

Stu 😀

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Pressing the "ALT" button to bring up the tool bar on the top is supposed to freeze the sim so you can make changes.
After you make the changes and "OK" them you should be able to return to the flight, possibly hit "P" for pause or un-pause.
Is this what you needed?

Radar

stu007 Guest

sorry dude, i knew this its just it locks up completely, but thanks for trying m8, appreciated 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What are your computer specs.
Do you have the latest DirectX 9.0c, all the Windows updates, or SP2 Wall Bashing and the latest video card drivers.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I've had something like this in the past...... When I pressed ALT, the game would freeze and also the menu bar wasn't displaying.

But this only happened in certain add-on planes...

I got around it by doing a complete uninstall of FS2004 and all add-ons, then deleting the "Flight Simulator 9" folder if it was still there, then shutting down the PC, booting it back up and installing everything again.

This takes me about 1.5 hours to do but I've done it 4 tines now in the last 3 months, and it usually sorted the problem out, plus it seems to give you higher FRAME RATES for a while after, too !

stu007 Guest

Thanks for all your help guys! Appreciated 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...