Emergency Landing

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Apparently an a/c had to make an emergency landing at Liverpool Airport yesterday because it was running out of fuel.
The was a fire engine on the way there and it smashed into a car killing the driver.

I cant find out much about it, does anybody have any details? Goodison Blue?

How can a passenger carrying jet be running out of fuel? The only thing I can think of is that we had winds up to 100mph here yesterday. Maybe ATC kept them in a holding pattern until the winds calmed? But still its pretty unbelievable!
Oh, so ive heard, Liverpool wasnt its destination airport!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Could you tell me where you got this info please!

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

I saw the story originally on BBC Liverpool site but there's no link now

It was an EasyJet flight going to Stanstead which landed at Liverpool because of the winds causing lengthy holding times at Stanstead.

I think the pilot was worried that he would be low on fuel if he had continued to Stanstead and endured lengthy wait times.

It seems to have become a bit of a non story with the liverpool echo site not covering it

Tragic for the person killed in the road smash especially if it wasn't such an emergency as was first thought.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I found out this ➡

a man who died in a collision with a fire engine on the way to an aircraft emergency landing at Liverpool airport was Derek Kelly, 46, from Huyton in Liverpool.

Story in full ➡

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weather/Story/0,,1994900,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer
Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

lol its a tough site to navigate

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...