FILES?

Pro Member Trainee
gsx1100 Trainee

😕 newbie wants to know: When a file is required to complete a download
eg: FCUIPX (or whatever) where are these files kept?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 When you d/load you can specify where the file is going to be kept

I have a folder in My Documents for aircraft,scenery and fs other and just direct each d/load to the right folder(handy for backig up to cd as you know where they are)

Pro Member Trainee
gsx1100 Trainee

No,I dont mean the download file itself. I mean when the instructions for that particular aircraft say file XYZ is required to make the download work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ermm... If an extra file is required it should tell you in the read me file

What exactly have you d/loaded and what is it telling you to add

Pro Member Trainee
gsx1100 Trainee

DHC6-300 Requires file FSUIP3.X Before you can use the plane in FS 2004

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
gsx1100 Trainee

I suppose what i am trying to say is that i find the process of downloading/installing files from the flyaway site to FS 2004 to be frustrating to say the least.i am continually ending up with a plane that has little or no detail on the cockpit panel or the cockpit of a different plane. What is it about these files that make them so hard to install/run correctly?Also, why are some plane download files (say) 2mb and others (say) 17mb? I am lost in space over the whole business.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

GSX-1100,

Your question is a familiar one. Hang in there you are getting started on learning alot. There is a comprehensive list of FAQ's here in the Forums and I think you will find all the answers covered. Of course there are a lot of people here that will assist you along the way.

DON'T QUIT!! 😂

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

gsx1100 wrote:

I suppose what i am trying to say is that i find the process of downloading/installing files from the flyaway site to FS 2004 to be frustrating to say the least.i am continually ending up with a plane that has little or no detail on the cockpit panel or the cockpit of a different plane. What is it about these files that make them so hard to install/run correctly?Also, why are some plane download files (say) 2mb and others (say) 17mb? I am lost in space over the whole business.

Suggest you download Flight Sim Manager - details in post -
[URL]https://flyawaysimulation.com/postlite2527-rani.html+hossian
[/url]
It is free and has a Wizard for installing and uninstalling - even has a screenshot facility and a fairly good FS diagnostic tool. [/url][/u]

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Davec
I tried to install it and I had no problem on one computer (the old one) but on the other at the screen where it should ask me where is the flight-sim and which one (2002 or 2004) it stack. So before I am going to spend time to see what to do, is it worth it and it is use full (diagnostic and other staff).
It is asking for some other driver named FSUIPC. It is some driver for 40$ so what do you think about it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rafi,
Read this post I just made in the Aircraft section.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2608/fsuipc/

Radar

RanaUK Guest

Rafi wrote:

Davec
I tried to install it and I had no problem on one computer (the old one) but on the other at the screen where it should ask me where is the flight-sim and which one (2002 or 2004) it stack. So before I am going to spend time to see what to do, is it worth it and it is use full (diagnostic and other staff).
It is asking for some other driver named FSUIPC. It is some driver for 40$ so what do you think about it?

Hi Rafi,

as FlightSim Manager is Freeware, Pete (author of FSUIPC) has kindly granted me a Freeware license, which means you don't need a registered copy of FSUIPC to use with FlightSim Manager.

On the screen, if it has picked up both FS2002/4 and the path is correct, please click the close button, and it should continue with the program.

If you need any support on FSM you can do so at http://softwares.ranainside.com/

Regards
Rana Hossain
Author of Freeware FlightSim Manager

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...