Elkin or TTT I need your help...

Pro Member Trainee
Scott Archbold (Scotteiboi) Trainee

How do you install Nicks Prop Dust onto jets? I know it can be done... Thanks! Smile

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Im still Read the instructions,got :wacko:decided to walk away for 1/2 hr .I will go back,just i gotta 🤔
Ermm... looks like its best to try it out on a default aircraft

Hack Wall Bashing

Pro Member Trainee

So you have no clue how to install it? Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Hang on,I thought you wanted his jetblast smoke(thats a hell of a read Wacko Wall Bashing

Why do you want to crop dust in a jet?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Doh! I think Ive got it 🙄
If this is about the link in the jetblast thread below which shows an old screenshot,that is a d/load called, I think "bluer_tire_smoke.zip"
Which seemed to increase the amount of smoke

Its still available from Avsim(I just checked)

Pro Member Trainee

hmm i'll check it out and get back to you...

Pro Member Trainee

Ok..thats not it...BAH!...umm its an effect that gives like snow or dirt smoke on take-off and reverse thrust....there is a screenshot of it in the library...

Elkin Guest

It is the Nicks prop blast. You do not crop dust with it!!! Someone said this. What you have to do is read the documentation that came with the fx pak There is a lot of talk about how it works. The way it is,,, it works with the lights sectuion in the aircraft cfg. Not the panel cfg!

There are lights 1-18 that can be used. So if for some reason you plane is using lights past 18, nothing will happen. This happened to me because I have smoke, dust, snow etc. And with a 4 engine plane, you can use up all the lights.

Also you can assign any light you want to activate the effect. Taxi landing etc.
light.14= 1, 40.00, 0.00, 11.35, MD80_BCNU ,
//light.11= 8, -75.0, -38.3, -10.0, fx_nicksmoke747 //Engine 1 thrust smoke
//light.12= 9, -85.0, -38.3, -10.5, fx_nicksmoke747 //Engine 2 thrust smoke
//light.13= 6, -75.0, 38.3, -10.0, fx_nicksmoke747 //Engine 3 thrust smoke
light.15 =7, -75.6, -8.6, 1.3, fx_nicksmoke747 //Engine 1
light.16 =7, -75.6, 8.6, 1.3, fx_nicksmoke747 //Engine 2
light.17 =7, -75.6, 8.6, 1.3, fx_nicksmoke747 //Engine 2
//light.8=8, -10.4, -6.3, -6.0, fx_nickspropdust_dirt_s
//light.9=8, -10.4, 6.3, -6.0, fx_nickspropdust_dirt_s
//light.9=8, -10.4, 6.3, -6.0, fx_nickspropdust_dirt_s

This is a partial of a aircraft.cfg file for a 727. It shows some of the fx. The // is there because I am working on it. Do you know that if you place a // in front of ANY line, it renders it innafective? This works good for trial and error.

The reason I have 747 smoke is because it is more realistic for the 'ol 3 holer (727-200)

Bottom line is- All those numbers, I.e., (-10.4) and so on represent the vertical/lateral and distance back from the engine. This info can be obtained a little higher in the cfg file. It is called 'Engine data'.

Pro Member Trainee

Wait...what light? and where do you paste this info?

Elkin Guest

The smoke is the easiest to install. I have it on all the ai aircraft. It is great!!! The takeoff and it looks real.!!! I just put into service a B-58 Hustler supersonic bomber. It blast afterburner, a lot of smoke and that shimmering looking blast right out of the engine. At altitude, the contrails and smoke are going. It is quite nice.

I posted some of the screenshots. But I think that they did not get through the phenominal- pixelsize, etc. stuff. Oh well. I have some good shots of that Hustler.

I am interisted in the smoke for the tires!!!!!!!!! I will chase this down!!!!

Elkin Guest

Hey there!!! I am in Sacramento too!!!!

Open you aircraft config file and scroll down to about half way. You will see all the light stuff. What you need to do is open nicks instructions and read it about 5 times. Print out your AC cfg and digest all the stuff. Print the instructions and a copy of you aircraft config.

NEVER delete anything from the cfg files. All you have to do is place a // in front of any line and this will deactivate it. When you want, you can take away the // and all will be restored to the previous state.
You can see examples of how I did it in the text that I pasted in the previous post.

Pro Member Trainee

COOL! I can go visit you sometime..haha...you should really ponder signing up here.... Smile ok.thanks...i will do that...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Elkin, it seems you're the one for the job here! I talked to Scottiboi over MSN, and he gave the dust thing to me. I looked at it. My initial thought was that you could edit one of the .xml files to produce said effect, but no avail there. If you make more progress let me know, now i'm interested too.

Pro Member Trainee

Elkin, please email me at scottie2u2002@hotmail.com, if you have msn messenger that would be great, i tried editting the fx but to no avail, this is way over my head, and i would like some help. :-S

Elkin Guest

No problem!!! Flight following approved. Squawk proplinercaptain@yahoo.com and switch to my frequency proplinercaptain (Yahoo IM)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Elkin, mind if I add you to my IM list?

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Fire_Emblem_Master, roger, squawk proplinercaptain (Yahoo) , climb and maintain 3,500. You are cleared into Bravo airspace. Maintain VFR.
Say type aircraft?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...