how do i log instrument flight time in flight sim 2004

To any one out there who knows how to log the instrument filght time for fs9 please let me know

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

This information is located in the Learning Center, Index-L, Logs. 🙂

The Flight Simulator logbook is an abbreviated version of an official pilot's logbook. You can create separate logbooks for different pilots and log time for all aircraft flown. The logbook will also track how much time is logged flying at night and in instrument meteorological conditions. Make sure you choose the correct logbook before you start a flight.

To create a logbook
On the Options menu, click Logbook.
Click Add logbook, and then type a name for your logbook.
Click OK.

To choose a logbook
Select a logbook from the Logbook box.
Click OK.

Automatic and Manual Logbook Entries
If you have created a logbook and selected the Log Flight time option in the General Settings dialog box (on the Options menu, point to Settings, and then click General) Flight Simulator automatically records flights of six minutes or longer. You can also manually add information to your logbook.

Note: The logbook will not automatically track instrument time. Keep track of how much time you spend in instrument meteorological conditions and manually enter that time in the logbook.

To manually enter information in a logbook
Select the logbook you want from the Logbook box.
Click Add Entry.
Type the information you want to include about this flight, and then click OK.
In the Logbook dialog box, click OK.

Don Wood Guest

If you are tlaking about logging instrument time in FS, follow CRJCapt's post.

If you are talking about using FS to log real instrument simulation time, you cannot legally do so. In order to be loggable (in the USA, at least), you must be simulating instrument flight in a simulation device approved by FAA for the purpose and you must be under the direct supervision of an Instrument flight instructor for the duration of the logged simulation.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

CRJCapt i thank you once again! I've been looking in the usual sites utility options for a logbook to record my flights and did'nt realise there was one in FS9 all along.Thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...