fuel truck

futurepilot Guest

Well, I finally tried a free flight in a place other than the U.S. It was Heathrow airport. I just wanted to fly a traffic pattern, so that I could fly some and test to see if the gate services work, instead of just backing out and going to another gate. So I did that, went to the gate, and turned everything off on the plane and set the parking brake. Everything went well until I called for a fuel truck, and instead of coming to my plane,(it was one gate over) it headed towards my plane, past it, went around the terminal, and drove off without refueling my aircraft. I accidently forgot to change fuel settings before flight, and I had 91% fuel left at the time I turned off my engine, so maybe that had to do with it. Comments and help would be appreciated. Also, remember, "If you can`t say something nice, don`t say it at all."

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

futurepilot wrote:

Well, I finally tried a free flight in a place other than the U.S. It was Heathrow airport. I just wanted to fly a traffic pattern, so that I could fly some and test to see if the gate services work, instead of just backing out and going to another gate. So I did that, went to the gate, and turned everything off on the plane and set the parking brake. Everything went well until I called for a fuel truck, and instead of coming to my plane,(it was one gate over) it headed towards my plane, past it, went around the terminal, and drove off without refueling my aircraft. I accidently forgot to change fuel settings before flight, and I had 91% fuel left at the time I turned off my engine, so maybe that had to do with it. Comments and help would be appreciated. Also, remember, "If you can`t say something nice, don`t say it at all."

You have to be in a space and when you summon the truck (Shift+F) you get a green bar at the top of the screen telling you that you are next in line.
Did you do or get that.

Radar

futurepilot Guest

I didn`t know that. I thought that I was completly in the space, but maybee I wasn`t. I know I wouldn`t have to wait that long just by waiting, because I noticed many fuel trucks, one per terminal were there, and I was one of the four planes in the terminal; the only one just arriving at the gate.

futurepilot Guest

Sorry, but I just realized that I have been pressing the wrong button Embarassed I have been pressing Ctrl+F instead of Shift+F. I`ll try again and see how it works.

futurepilot Guest

It works. Sorry about that. In another topic, CRJCapt said it was Ctrl+F, not Shift+F. That was the problem.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...