Stupid Question

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Hello all,

This is a really stupid question and I don't know how I don't know the answer but, what's APU and what does it do? I see APU Gen and APU start stuff and I think 😳

Thanks in advance,

~Sno0ze

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest

APU = Auxilliary Power Unit - a small gas turbine which powers a separate generator.

Normally engine powered generators will provide electrical power, but if a generator fails (etc), the APU can be used to provide power and "replace" a failed generator.

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Ahh thanks a lot mate 🙂 Oh hold on..... I feel it coming....... I don't want you to be true... but I just wanna make love to you.. oooo.. 🙂)

So that's where I've been going wrong!

[Note to self - improve love life by talking about aviation related electromechanical devices when flirting with possible new partner.]

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...