real life aviation

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

hello everyone. i am almost 15 and i have a few question about my ppl. the first one is when do i start getting lessons. my next question or request would be for someone to tell me when i do things like stalls landings etc... and also i know i have to be 16 to fly solo but how many hours do i need to do that. if someone could just give me a schedule of the flying hours that would be awesome. thanks very much. and please answer if u know. 😀 😀

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Well you need 40 total hours and be 17 to get the pp. I believe you can solo after 20 hours but I can't remember exactly. I would highly recommend doing your training during a time, like the summer for example when you can fly as much as possible like every day or every other day...ideally, 4-6 months before your 17th birthday if you think you can dedicate a lot of time to it. When you fly only once or twice a week you will probably end up having to fly more in the long run. I have seen this happen a lot when I was instructing. Also 40 hours is the minimum and I don't remember ever seeing anyone go right at 40, unless they had some other experience, which isn't to say it's impossible just improbable. In the time you are waiting or cannot fly you can study text or study for your written exam. I believe the written exam score is good for 90 days. The Jeppesen private pilot manual is a great text to learn from.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

thanks a lot. the one problem is that i play a competitive sport during the summer so what do you suggest?

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

or at least is there anything free that i can study from if anyone knows??????

x pilot Guest

when you start training and do your ground school you should get all the books you need in your package and you will have t spend hours reading them...

there are books out there to help you understand principles of flight, aircraft engines and the like, radios and RT...

have a look on amazon and see what pilot books they have, flying books are quite dere but they are for a life time so get a good book/s and keep them for reference for when doing CPL and ATPL...

i used a book by stanley wells to study some things froma and it covered pritty much everything for a PPL, its old but obviously a good guide for flying schools to give out so see what you can find!

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

thanks a lot i will see what i can do and wish me luck

x pilot Guest

no probs, enjoy it and study hard... you will need to

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...