Fuel rate

guest Guest

how do you make the fuel last longer? i have used the 787 and it struggles to get to even mach .60 when at around 37000ft other for instance the 747 i can get to around m.81 which is best?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Austin (AirAustin) Trainee

What do you mean? Be more spacific about what you want to know.

which is the best crusing speed to make the most out of your fuel. what speed should you assend at? As the n1 on most of my flights is always about 85 or 90+%. this doesnt seem normal to me

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Speed does not matter as much as altitude does. Although I would fly pretty close to overspeed. In a jet to get the best fuel economy I would fly from 35,000 and up. You might be looking at airspeed, ground speed is what you want. To find it, click on the GPS and look in the bottom corner.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

At MTOW, the first +/- 500nm to 1200nm, (speaking for the 767-300ER) the optimal cruising level is FL300 / FL310 at around M.79, M.80.
From that point on, every 1000 - 1500 nm the optimal FL increases with 20.

You'd either need performance charts or a decent FMC to really tell what's most efficient for the a/c you're using though as the weight is a pretty important factor.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...