737-400 fuel gauges

Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

Anyone know how to show the total fuel quantity on the 737-400? I was flying from Miami to Amarillo, starting with full fuel, but when I shut down the engines at the gate, it showed 6% fuel left and right. But if I go into the change fuel menu, it showed over 1000 gallons left, mostly in the center tank. I've also noticed strange behavior in the King Air 350's fuel gauge; it will show below zero even though there's plenty of fuel left on board. I guess the other question is, if the left and right tanks show empty, does it keep taking fuel from the center tank?
-Dave

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

Anybody? Am I the only one who sees the 737's gauges showing less fuel than you actually have?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

crash_deplane wrote:

Anyone know how to show the total fuel quantity on the 737-400? I was flying from Miami to Amarillo, starting with full fuel, but when I shut down the engines at the gate, it showed 6% fuel left and right. But if I go into the change fuel menu, it showed over 1000 gallons left, mostly in the center tank. I've also noticed strange behavior in the King Air 350's fuel gauge; it will show below zero even though there's plenty of fuel left on board. I guess the other question is, if the left and right tanks show empty, does it keep taking fuel from the center tank?
-Dave

I've never had that problem so I don't really know what to suggest. If the left and right fuel tanks are empty, it will take fuel from anywhere possible, so yes it will then empty the center tank. 😉

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I've had this problem before. I was on a flight from KLAX to KLAS when I got to the gate, my fuel guage said that I had 6% of fuel left, but when I hit Shift-Z it said I had 10% left. Still haven't figured it out.

Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

Thanks, I was just surprised that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get the right fuel quantity from the gauges alone, and was wondering if anyone else had noticed this.
-Dave

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

6% isnt 1000 gallons? 1K gal. isnt alot of fuel when it comes to airliners 😀

No, 6% of 5,311 gallons is not 1000. The 737 doesn't hold a lot of fuel 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...