Samuli's MD-80 fuel problem

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i have the Samuli's MD-80 panel and airplane. When i fly it only uses the fuel from the center fuel tank. Can you tell me what i have to do to get it to use fuel from all of the tanks.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't you have switches on the panel to balance out the fuel use instead of draining the center tank.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i really dont think so. i checked everywhere on the panel and there was no where that i saw that i could switch the fuel or transfer it.

The only MD-80 panel by Samuli I can find is for FS2002. Where did You get Yours?

Look here, I think I just found it...

Design: Samuli Sutinen
Version: 1.01
Description: The main list of features includes all the important instruments with working switches and knobs, simulation of all aircraft systems such as Electrical / Hydraulics / APU / Fuel / Warning / Pneumatics / Pressurization / Air Conditioning / Fire and Ice Protection, a semi-complete DFGS / Autopilot / FMA with most of the important functions and annunciations.
For FS2004

Is this the One? Above it does mention Fuel besides other goodies. I'm downloading it now - which aircraft are You using - the filename and the site where You got it from would make things soo much easier Idea

I'm a great fan of the MD-80s.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i got it off of www.fsnordic.com and it is under the panels section. its compatibitity is only for 2004.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

actually it is www.fsnordic.net

Ratna Guest

I found the file at the site you pointed out. You never mentioned that the panelfile included a complete package, aircraft, effects etc..

Anyway, I installed the whole package and found a fuel display (gauge?) just above the flap lever. I did all kinds of klicking and scrolling but could not change the displayed values - nor could I find the fuel selectswitch, I tried but couldn't find it.

I took her for a spin nevertheless but didn't even manage to get her off the ground. I put that one down to my extreme flying skills.

Unfortunately when I retried my system had gone all screwed up and I don't just mean the Sim. So I got rid of the lot.

At fsnordic.net (forumsection) I read that some people had problems with the panel; they had tried contacting Samuli via e-mail without success.

I assume the fuel switch is of importance to You. Hopefully someone else knows where to find a nice panel for Your MD-80s.

If a package is what Your after, bp_md81_final.zip is available at avsim.com. Worth a try, if You don't like it - ditch it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, Good luck! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Jared wrote:

actually it is www.fsnordic.net

That is a nice site. I will look through it this weekend. 🍻

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

but see when im on the ground it takes fuel from all of the tanks. but once i get airborn it only takes it from the center

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...