Fuel question

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

How do I determin how much fuel I need? Yesterday I flew from Kadena AB Okinawa to Yokota AB in Tokyo and I put 50% fuel in the 737 and I had to refuel in in flight as I was approaching my landing.

Aslo, how do you dump fuel, and can you do it with FsP running?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's a very good and basic question. Stock MSFS 2004 is not set up very well with documentation that would allow you to compute fuel required. More sophisticated add on's may include more information. Add to this, the lack of seeing all the fuel in the stock 737 means we have to figure it on our own. I have not sat down to do it but I would begin with some basic flight testing. See what is required as you fly:

1. Gate -10000,20000,30000 ft.

2. Cruise fuel flow (FF) at same altitudes at a common Mach such as .78 or .80

3. Descent from same altitudes to arrival at the the gate.

Write these on graph paper and you will at least have something to go by. I wish I could give you a better answer. 🙂

I forgot about the flight planner. That will give you some numbers on fuel.

Last edited by CRJCapt on Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I don't know personally, but try this (dead link removed)

Let us know how you get on 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...