How do we stop ATC 'sling shotting' us between two freq.?

DME43 Guest

how do we stop ATC sling shotting us between two frequencies??? ive done a couple of flights and first it tells me to go to london centre and then to manchester and then back etc...

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

If you fly in and out of an area it will switch you. The only way for them to not switch you when you do that is to not talk to them in the first place!

DME43 Guest

but if your in IFR and u got a course to go by, wat do u do then?? Poke in Eye lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

As 737FLIER already pointed out, ignore ATC until you're close to your destination, at a reasonable/appropriate altitude and then contact ATC again. This way they won't have the time to jerk you around.

DME43 Guest

Ok, thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

I must say (and I think I speak for most) that the default ATC is particulary frustrating at times. I have yet to upgrade to better software but what I normally do is takeoff and fly the majority of the flight under VFR rules and then at about 80 miles out I will file the IFR flight plan if I want vectors to final.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Odyssey wrote:

I must say (and I think I speak for most) that the default ATC is particulary frustrating at times. I have yet to upgrade to better software but what I normally do is takeoff and fly the majority of the flight under VFR rules and then at about 80 miles out I will file the IFR flight plan if I want vectors to final.

An alternative would be to fly IFR, follow ATC instructions and once you're at cruising altitude or even before, switch to NAV mode.
Once you feel that ATC would be useful again, switch back to GPS mode and let them guide you.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...