Helicopter install

Pro Member Trainee
donc17 Trainee

For some reason the AS350 Ecureil doesn't show up in X. its in the X downloads section so im assuming its for X? But the readme says install to FS9 Folders so I put it in the same ones but for X instead. I followed the directions:
GMAX As350 Ecureuil - Flight Simulator 2004\FS9

Installation:
-Extract the ZIP file
-Copy the "AS 350 Ecureuil" folder to "FS9\Aircraft" directory
-copy the files from gauge folder to "FS9\Gauges" folder
-Enjoy

Model by Tamas Nemeth and Peter Nemeth (pencee@vnet.hu).
Repaints by Batki Zoltan and Tamas Nemeth
2D main panel background by Batki Zoltan.
Some of the gauges included in these files were designed by various authors and distributed as freeware.
We respect your work. If you do not add your permission please contact us.

All files is freeware and not to publish for credit or any commercial use.

But it doesnt show up. What am I doing wrong?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

donc17 wrote:

For some reason the AS350 Ecureil doesn't show up in X. its in the X downloads section so im assuming its for X? But the readme says install to FS9 Folders so I put it in the same ones but for X instead. I followed the directions:
GMAX As350 Ecureuil - Flight Simulator 2004\FS9

Installation:
-Extract the ZIP file
-Copy the "AS 350 Ecureuil" folder to "FS9\Aircraft" directory
-copy the files from gauge folder to "FS9\Gauges" folder
-Enjoy

Model by Tamas Nemeth and Peter Nemeth (pencee@vnet.hu).
Repaints by Batki Zoltan and Tamas Nemeth
2D main panel background by Batki Zoltan.
Some of the gauges included in these files were designed by various authors and distributed as freeware.
We respect your work. If you do not add your permission please contact us.

All files is freeware and not to publish for credit or any commercial use.

But it doesnt show up. What am I doing wrong?

It doesn't say a word about being for FSX just FS9, if it doesn't show that probably why.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
donc17 Trainee

Well I thought that could be a possibility but why would it be put in the FSX downloads?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

donc17 wrote:

Well I thought that could be a possibility but why would it be put in the FSX downloads?

Because some of the file libraries are trying very hard to mantain their "good" reputation and find it necessary to present fs9 and FS2002 files as FSX files.

This outrageous policy certainly does not help us end users in any way.

My solution: If you like using a great variety of add-ons, and why shouldn't you, uninstall FSX, get a copy of fs9 and run that with all the available compatible add-ons until the time when add-ons that where actually written for FSX are freely available.

Pro Member Trainee
donc17 Trainee

okay thanks for the help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...