Helicopter simulation hardware for FS 2004

charlie_plaza Guest

Hello there. I'm sure someone out there is reading this and can answer me this question: What hardware should I buy for the best helicopter simulation on FS2004? I'm suposing the pedals and a joystick, but then again there might be some other things i haven't heard about that should be used when trying to achieve a more realistic helicopter flight simulation. (oof im saying too much for such a simple question, i'll stop rambling)
Thanks a bunch.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Most of the specialized hardware out there runs upward to $1000 or more, usually more.
What you are proposing is probably the best solution.
I don't (should make that can't) fly them.
I thought you might like to take a look at this link.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/artman/publish/cat_index_11.shtml

Radar

charlie_plaza Guest

yeah thanks, i've been taking a look at that page for a few days. In fact in hovercontrol.com mainpage they recommend the hardware you should buy. Apparently there's joysticks that have the throttle control in them, and a rudder control by twisting the grip, so that would be all you need.
But if you want to keep it as real as possible than you can get a joystick, with separate throttle and also pedals for rudder control. Don't need to exceed a 200$ budget in the end.

Thanks,
Carlie

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...