I am using FS9 yet because I do not have money to buy HIGH END hardware. But I would like to know if Antarctic bases are included in FSX. Is it possible to change navigation to fly e.g. to Amundsen-Scott base (South Pole)? Using flat world map in FS9 it is not possible to fly futher than 89th lattitude because a map goes crazy. Has FSX also a 2D or a 3D map?
2 Answers
Yes there are I took off from one. They are ice though of course.
737FLIER wrote:
Yes there are I took off from one. They are ice though of course.
I know that thereare are SOME of them, in FS9 also they are but is it possible to fly exactly to the pole (N or S)? 90deg0'00'' latitutude.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
First Officer