Are there airports in Antarctica included in FSX?

buscador Guest

I am using FS9 yet because I do not have money to buy HIGH END hardware. But I would like to know if Antarctic bases are included in FSX. Is it possible to change navigation to fly e.g. to Amundsen-Scott base (South Pole)? Using flat world map in FS9 it is not possible to fly futher than 89th lattitude because a map goes crazy. Has FSX also a 2D or a 3D map?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Yes there are I took off from one. They are ice though of course.

buscador Guest

737FLIER wrote:

Yes there are I took off from one. They are ice though of course.

I know that thereare are SOME of them, in FS9 also they are but is it possible to fly exactly to the pole (N or S)? 90deg0'00'' latitutude.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...