Which Aircraft Are Included in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Release?

Jason Lim Guest

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the PC flight simulation scene and recently got my hands on the 2020 release of Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS). I've been exploring the software and, to be honest, it's a tad overwhelming (in a good way!). Now, I've been trying to get a comprehensive idea of the aircraft that are included straight out of the box.

I mean, are there just the standard commercial jets, or do they dive deeper into general aviation aircraft, vintage planes, and perhaps even experimental types? While we're on the topic, how accurate are the cockpit layouts and system functionalities (for instance, do they use real-world avionics like Garmin G1000)?

Finally, are there tiers or editions where the plane offerings vary? I've come across mentions of Standard, Deluxe, and Premium Deluxe editions, and I'm curious if these versions might provide a different set of aircraft to fly.

Any clarity or insights into the variety and authenticity of the planes offered in MSFS 2020 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Welcome to the captivating world of PC flight simulation. Let's get straight into answering your queries about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (often referred to as MSFS 2020).

1. Aircraft Included in MSFS 2020:
MSFS 2020 boasts an impressive roster of aircraft, ensuring it caters to a wide array of aviation enthusiasts.

• Commercial Jets: Yes, the game offers a selection of these, providing an immersive experience for those interested in piloting large, modern passenger aircraft.
  • General Aviation Aircraft: Absolutely, this category is well represented. You'll find iconic planes such as the Cessna 152 and 172, Piper PA-28, and many more. For someone looking to replicate the experience of flying small, private aircraft, MSFS has you covered.
  • Vintage Planes: While MSFS 2020 mainly focuses on modern aircraft, there are a few classic birds in the mix, giving a nostalgic flying experience.
  • Experimental Aircraft: As of my knowledge, there aren't many experimental aircraft included by default, but the ever-expanding community of modders and third-party developers often bridge these gaps.

2. Cockpit Authenticity and Avionics:
The developers have gone to great lengths to recreate the interiors of the aircraft. From the intricate details of switches to the aesthetics of the dashboard, everything is modeled with precision. Furthermore:

• Avionics: MSFS 2020 features a fairly accurate representation of real-world avionics. To address your specific query, yes, many aircraft are equipped with systems like the Garmin G1000. It's quite an authentic replication, although there might be minor differences or functionalities omitted for various reasons.

3. Different Editions of MSFS 2020:
There are indeed different tiers or editions of the simulator that offer varying sets of aircraft:

• Standard Edition: Provides a basic set of aircraft and airports. This edition is perfect for beginners looking to dip their toes into flight simulation.
  • Deluxe Edition: Includes everything from the Standard Edition but adds a few more aircraft and airports. It's designed for enthusiasts who want a bit more variety.
  • Premium Deluxe Edition: This is the most comprehensive version, offering the most extensive collection of aircraft and airports. Aimed at the hardcore flight sim aficionados.

Each edition's specific aircraft list can be found on the official Microsoft Flight Simulator website.

If you're keen on diving even deeper into the intricacies of MSFS 2020 and exploring more facets of the simulator, I highly recommend checking out our Ultimate Guide on Fly Away Simulation. It provides a comprehensive rundown, covering everything discussed here and much more.

In conclusion, MSFS 2020 has done a phenomenal job in terms of the variety and authenticity of the aircraft it offers. Whether you're interested in commercial aviation, general aviation, or anything in between, there's likely something in the simulator for you. Happy flying, and always feel free to come back with any more questions!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...