AFCAD Files

people have suggested to update the afcad files i have downloaded 2 from avsim for ksfo but i dont know what to do with them? it says jus put them in the addon scenery folder. is that all i do? will this then create more parking spaces for aircraft?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

people have suggested to update the afcad files i have downloaded 2 from avsim for ksfo but i dont know what to do with them? it says jus put them in the addon scenery folder. is that all i do? will this then create more parking spaces for aircraft?

Unless otherwise instructed by the author, the AFCAD file .bgl goes into your Addon Scenery / scenery folder. Activate it by restarting FS. That's it.

can you have more then one afcad file for an airport?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

One is enough. If you get another AFCAD by another author for the same airport, the previous one will be overwritten and in many cases it can mess up your approaches, parking spaces and almost everything else that makes up an airport.

If you install a complete new scenery for an airport, it will often include a new AFCAD but the author will usually tell you what if any impact the altered AFCAD has on the new scenery.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...