My latest attempt ...

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Guys -

This is my latest re-paint attempt. My A319-100 in Trans Australian Airline (TAA) colors. TAA was an Australian Airline back before the 80's and primarily used DC-9's, but I thought it would be interesing to see what their colors would loko like on a more modern aircraft...

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Looks good, I would prefer a deeper blue but I've never seen the actual paint scheme so you could be exactly right.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi CRJCapt -

I have to agree with you - a deeper blue would look a lot better, and to be honest, it started out a lot darker but I lost some of the color when I reduced the transparency to retain some of the fuselage detail. The actual color is a darker blue.

Cheers and safe flying

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Nice one Wombat, I wouldn't mind adding this one to the Pegasus A319-100 you've painted... where can I download it?

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Tailhook -

Thanks for the compliments, and you can download this one from www.sendspace.com using the following link ...

Just bare in mind that TAA never flew Airbuses and this was just my imprwssion of what their livery would look like on a modern plane :0

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Nice one Wombat, I wouldn't mind adding this one to the Pegasus A319-100 you've painted... where can I download it?

Just one more thing re my textures. To use them you will need to down load the following basepack that comes complete with the repaint kit.

Cheers and safe flying

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Got it Wombat, thanks a lot!

wombat457 wrote:

Just bare in mind that TAA never flew Airbuses and this was just my imprwssion of what their livery would look like on a modern plane :0

In certain aspects I'm not too concerned with authenticity or realism - Enjoyment is my priority 😀

If some of the purists could see what I'm flying how and where sometimes, they'd probably succumb to cardiac arrest Devil

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

👍 ,are you sure you've only been doing this repaint lark a short while? 😉

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Evening Violentviolet -

I assure you I have. At first it was a daunting experience, but the more I read and the more I "practiced" the more things made sense so the easier it became. Thats not to say it is easy, but perhaps not as hard as what it might appear. Aside from that, I have had a lot of encouragement from you guys and that certainly helps, as well as a damn good tutorer 🙂

Glad you like it though Violentviolet - no doubt there will be one or two more in the making OR until I get told to stop by you guys 😀

Cheers and safe flying

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

wombat457 wrote:

Evening Violentviolet -

I assure you I have. At first it was a daunting experience, but the more I read and the more I "practiced" the more things made sense so the easier it became. Thats not to say it is easy, but perhaps not as hard as what it might appear. Aside from that, I have had a lot of encouragement from you guys and that certainly helps, as well as a damn good tutorer 🙂

Glad you like it though Violentviolet - no doubt there will be one or two more in the making OR until I get told to stop by you guys 😀

Cheers and safe flying

You're joking....you will be getting requests from"us guys" to do repaints for ourselves, if you keep this up. 😉 😂

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi Violentviolet -

Thanks for your words, but I really think that most people in here have more sense than that 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

violentviolet wrote:

👍 ,are you sure you've only been doing this repaint lark a short while? 😉

A valid question VV despite Wombat's inquiries about repainting in recent times.

Me flying around my favourite haunt in TAA and Southern Cross:

Sorry about the quality, haven't taken screenies in a while.

And now off to get the Lauda Air.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...