KMYR to Bermuda ...wow what a final!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (astrosteve) First Officer

Hey guys -

I just wanted to post a little flight I took from Myrtle Beach,SC to Bermuda Island. I was flying a Embraer 120 (Delta Connection) that I download from FlyAway. I was descending out of 22,000 and was downwind crossing the south part of the island on my way to final to runway 30. When I reached 3,000 things got a little hairy and the plane was getting tossed around a little. I climbed to 3,400 and the bumpy got a little better. Wind was at 18kt. On my turn to final I decided to stay away from 3K and came on down to 1,800. as I made my turn and descent I was really getting tossed around so I added more throttle from 125Kt to 140kts. It did help....I brought her in about 300 feet from the start of the runway and parked.

What a great flight!!! I appreciated the challange that FSX gave me with the wind conditions. What a squirelly little plane, but great fun!!!! Some of you should try it sometime. It's about a 25 min flight using R+/R-.

Welcome to the Bermuda Triangle!!! Just thought I would share.

AstroSteve

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest

it is good to hear your experience.
thanks for sharing!

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Mabye the reason you where tossed around was because you where about to enter the twilight zone 😂 ill try it on the sim but as fo real life not a chance lol 😂

Pro Member First Officer

It was kinda weird because I have yet to see this before while flying the sim. It amussed me to hit the turbelence. The passengers were not too uneasy as I let them know it would be a little bumpy on the way in and that it was normal coming into an island such as Bermuda.

What a great little aircraft. I certainly recommend the download.

AstroSteve

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Good story steve, glad you're enjoying yourself. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks CRJCapt. I think we get soo caught up with the technical/hardware requirements and demanding issues with FSX that we forget to just have fun with the sim. I had an enjoyable weekend with FSX. I am beginning to get some great screenshots with my current PC. I had someone here PM me some recommened setting for my 2 7800GT's in SLi. Since then I am getting 25-50+ fps depending on where I am. I am also able to use 8X Anistropic and 8XSLi AA.

Got to keep remembering to fly and enjoy the sim.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...