Where in The World is an Aircraft Carrier?

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

It's probably been discussed before but I didn't catch it!
Anyone have a location of an aircraft carrier. The locations I knew in the earlier MSFS versions were West of San Diego and Southwest of Maui (small island?).

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

FlatheadSmith wrote:

It's probably been discussed before but I didn't catch it!
Anyone have a location of an aircraft carrier. The locations I knew in the earlier MSFS versions were West of San Diego and Southwest of Maui (small island?).

Read previous post, it was for FS9 but probably is same location in FSX.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10488/aircraft-carriers/#62432

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

Thanks, CRJCapt
The 'Kitty Hawk' is West of the Golden Gate Bridge!
I'm trying to land a C-119.
The 'dollar nineteen' is TUFF to get down. What FUN!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey FlatheadSmith, I doubt you'll be able to land anything on those carriers as they are scenery objects only and have no hard deck.

MS might have changed this in FSX but I very much doubt it. Let us know how it's going.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You can land on the carrier in FS9, I love landing the Ford Tri-motor on the deck. The hard part is landing at a point from which you can actually get it stopped. Let us know if you can land on the carrier in FSX, I suggest the Piper Cub.

😀 its the same places as FS9 and yes you can land on them i done it with a learjet 45

[NO-NAME] Guest

Tailhook, when you posted:

Hey FlatheadSmith, I doubt you'll be able to land anything on those carriers as they are scenery objects only and have no hard deck.

MS might have changed this in FSX but I very much doubt it. Let us know how it's going.

In FSX, I have both taken off and landed on a carier using the . If you have the Acceleration expansion pack you even get a tutorial on takking off and landing on it using the catapult which is on all real life carriers, and even land using the tailhook and snag a haudralic line which brings your plane to a hault, also in real life. So what you doubted has been proven to you you jerk.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

I'm not sure if you are being honest and are somewhat oblivious, or are a... 2.5/10 troll.

Either way, please read before posting. TH was very polite and did nothing to be called a jerk, and this thread had not been posted in for 4 years before you bumped it.

Pro Member Trainee
Mathias Husted (mksas) Trainee

There is one at Guam if you fly straight out from the airport. Acceleration not needed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Not sure if you are aware but there are moving carriers too. You have to know the schedule and where to find them but there are several around the world. I found a page once that had listings of them... Let me see if I can find the link again...

... (insert jeopardy theme here) ...

http://www.simtours.net/defaultaircraftcarrier.php

There you go. These outline where and when the AI carriers sail. Just change your day and time settings to catch them close to where you want.

Btw holy necropost batman!

Slickrock Guest

It's pretty much the same thing over and over with multiplayer carriers. The same issures, the same problems, until I got tired of it. You guys have the program available at Flyawaysimulation with this:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/17990/fsx-aicarriers-version-of-fsn-carrier/

flyawaysimultion has EVERYTHING you need for multiplayer carrier operations in FSX and I prove it with no non-working IP "dedicated" private servers but on Steam where ANYBODY can join. Just get the FSN carrie, AIcarriers2 if you want but the FSN carrier. Place the folder Flight Sim Nation Carrier, like it says, in your SimObjects/Boats folder of the Steam FSX directory. Join the Steam FSX public room/s and look at Wales (or England) Carrier landing, or Pacific Carrier landing that I run. All you need is that FSN software you guys can already get on this site. Idea

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...