Aircraft Carriers

Pro Member Trainee
JWTucker Trainee

Is there anyway to have aircraft carriers in fs2004? I have no clue if there is or not. If there is I'd like to know how to use them. If not... well whatever. 😕

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

There's a carrier already in MSFS 2004 that you can land on.

Aircraft Carrier CVN-63 Kitty Hawk Off the coast of San Francisco ( Located at N37*44.39 W122* 38.32 1000' Heading 063). SAU (116.2) VOR 200 radial 8 DME. Fly Northwest out of San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Heading 200 from the Golden Gate bridge. Deck is about Heading 060.

"Maverick requesting a fly by"....."Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern's full"

Pro Member Trainee
JWTucker Trainee

Thanx alot CRJCapt!... But is there anyway to make the catapault work?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No. I wish there was. 😀 You can use small, slow aircraft and just takeoff. I have landed and taken off the ford trimotor and piper cub. If you have trouble, create some wind down the deck to help you. You might even get the DC3 stopped with Hurricane force winds. 😂
You will need a third party addon for a catapult.

Pro Member Trainee
JWTucker Trainee

Oh. Well thanks alot anyway 😀 , I will look for files for upgrades, new carriers etc.

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

Or you can get Abacus Flight Deck III.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

You may want to check this out. can find it on AVSIM

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2639/fs2004-carrier-operation-package/

File Description:
This freeware archive contains a set of gauges, effects and sounds which you can add to existing military aircraft in FS2004, and enables you to perform takeoff and approach/landing on aircraft carriers. It features: (1): A catapult gauge, enabling a catapult-launch takeoff. (2): An arrester gauge, enabling a cable trap landing. (3): A "meatball" HUD gauge, enabling accurate approaches and landings. (4): A SonicBoom effect (visual and audible) plus controller gauge. Includes extensive installation/usage documentation, with examples for several very popular aircraft. V2.0 of this package contains a large number of additions, like catapult/arrester zones and a revised HUD; for details, see the included file "Upgrade COP V1.1 to V2.0.txt".

Filename: rcbco-20.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 4th January 2005
Downloads: 6602
Author: Rob Barendregt, Doug Dawson, Nick Needham
Size: 1483kb

SAR Boy Guest

but how do u get it to work? 😕 [/quote]

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...