how to change airline names to realistic names

Hello,
1st time here, have a question about how to change the fictitous airline names with fs2004 to something more realistic. I just read in pc aviator magazine that it is easy to do, but i cannot figure out how. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hello,
1st time here, have a question about how to change the fictitous airline names with fs2004 to something more realistic. I just read in pc aviator magazine that it is easy to do, but i cannot figure out how. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm surprised they don't give you a guide or instructions in the magazine. Anyway, see if this helps you:

open the aircraft.cfg using notepad
change the atc_airline=Landmark
from landmark to whatever you airline you want.
If it doesn't recognise the airline then it will spell the airline name out letter by letter. ie
atc_airline=Speed Bird
will be correct for British airways and the contoller will say SpeedBird
but if you put in
atc_airline=Speedbird
the the ATC will say sierra, papa,echo,echo,delta,bravo,india,romeo,delta

I can't remember where I got this from, so credit goes to the original author 😎

Thanks Tailhook for the info. No, the magazine did not elaborate on how to do it. I will put this info to the test. Thanks again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...