SearchSearch 

map, altuditude and airspeed window

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

Well I like to fly in tail view but I have no idea of how fast, high or where I'm flying. I would like to have a little map window and some altitude and airspeed data while flying in tail view. Does anyone know if this can be set up?

6 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

You can press shift and Z twice to show altitude and speed in text view in top left hand corner

Or pressing ] opens a new small window that you can display what you want in ( but that does hit fps )

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

sinebar wrote:

Well I like to fly in tail view but I have no idea of how fast, high or where I'm flying. I would like to have a little map window and some altitude and airspeed data while flying in tail view. Does anyone know if this can be set up?

Hit "Shift+Z" two or three times and two lines of red information will appear at the top of your screen.
Then use "Shift +4" or 3 or 5 and the GPS should come up (if that aircraft is equipped with one) that can be dragged anywhere with the mouse and also resized.

Many use a second monitor (if their computer can handle it) for the GPS or other piece of equipment in the aircraft controls.
You would have two monitors, one with the aircraft in spot view and the other with the GPS, nice.

Radar

😂 I type slowly!

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

GoodisonBlue wrote:

You can press shift and Z twice to show altitude and speed in text view in top left hand corner

Or pressing ] opens a new small window that you can display what you want in ( but that does hit fps )

Thanks that will help a lot. I'll try the ] command and see how bad my frame rate gets. Thanks again.

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

sinebar wrote:

Well I like to fly in tail view but I have no idea of how fast, high or where I'm flying. I would like to have a little map window and some altitude and airspeed data while flying in tail view. Does anyone know if this can be set up?

Hit "Shift+Z" two or three times and two lines of red information will appear at the top of your screen.
Then use "Shift +4" or 3 or 5 and the GPS should come up (if that aircraft is equipped with one) that can be dragged anywhere with the mouse and also resized.

Many use a second monitor (if their computer can handle it) for the GPS or other piece of equipment in the aircraft controls.
You would have two monitors, one with the aircraft in spot view and the other with the GPS, nice.

Radar

😂 I type slowly!

Hey thanks. I didn't know the GPS pop up could be resized. I'll have to try that out.

I think my laptop has an external monitor conection so that's another good option. Thanks for all the help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😀 Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

😀 Let us know how you do.

Radar

I got the map to work. That really helps when I get lost. The frame rates aren't bad with the setting on high and aircraft set to ultra high. Target rate is set to 20, actual is 15. Not too bad. Thanks for all the help.

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions