Force Feedback Wingman

Jamie4590 Guest

I've seen one of these joysticks and it looks a good deal (£5) but it has a USB connection. Will it be compatible for FS9? Is it a good joystick?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

I've seen one of these joysticks and it looks a good deal (£5) but it has a USB connection. Will it be compatible for FS9? Is it a good joystick?

From what I could tell at the manufactures site, it's been discontinued but that is a great price. It will work well with FS9.

Review: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/wingman3dforcefeedback.php

Review: http://gear.ign.com/articles/324/324343p1.html

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

I've never used a force feedback joystick before. Are they worthwhile? What kind of forces do they feedback? I assume the more G you put on the aircraft, the harder it is to pull?

BTW, just got TrackIR 4 a couple of weeks ago. Use this with Pacific Fighters and WOW!!! My wife is getting really p@##@d as I am now becoming a big game geek. Started the downhill slide when I got FS9 about a year ago. I was able to justify this by saying I needed it to keep up my real world instrument flying skills while I finish out my USAF career on a desk. This excuse didn't work very well with Pacific Fighters. I was able to successfully argue the PMDG 737 though saying the overhead panel works just like the real plane and I use it to practice the checklist flows . . . whew . . .

OK, I am way off topic.

Jamie4590 Guest

I've just picked it up with a 50% discount because it didn't have the mains adaptor and I used the difference to buy a multi voltage adaptor! Its full name is the Wingman Strike Force 3D and it is a few years old and not made anymore although I was able to download the updated drivers for it at the Logitech website. I'm a bit confused about the voltage and hope someone can help as I don't want to ovverload it. It says on the joystick the voltage rating is:

5vDC - 100MA
24DV - 750MA

The adaptor I've got is 300MA and goes up to 12V so what is the correct setting? I tried (briefly) 5v and the joystick stiffened up so it works at least. I broke my digital camera recently by setting the voltage too high on the adaptor so have a bit of a complex about it now. I have a mental block on what the setting should be. Any help?

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

I know this is old, but on the off chance....

Looks like the 5V rating is the draw on the USbus - you don't need a 5V supply. But it looks like you DO need a 24VDC supply rated at almost an amp - that's a bit more than your generic plugpack could supply. A12v 300mA is simply not going to cut it!

you could try hooking up a couple of 12v gel cells in series I guess.....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...