How and where to tune for a ils landing

Drew1991p.c Guest

hi i've been on flight simultors for a while now, but the only thing i don't know how to do is tune for a ils landing, i don't know where you find the frequency from which you have to enter. also i don't know where you enter this frequency. could someone please help?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Drew1991p.c wrote:

hi i've been on flight simultors for a while now, but the only thing i don't know how to do is tune for a ils landing, i don't know where you find the frequency from which you have to enter. also i don't know where you enter this frequency. could someone please help?

The ILS frequency, if the runway has a ILS, is read by clicking on the airport symbol in MAP mode. The freq. is also in the GPS pages but it take a little digging to find it, the map is easier.

Once you have this freq., dial it into the top radio(NAV 1). NAV one will have two freq. displays, one is standby(the only one you can adjust manually), the other is the active display. Once you've put the freq. into the standby display, push the freq. transfer button(near the displays). This will change the standby freq. to the active display and the ILS will function.

ILS Approaches
http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/ils.htm

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

When you create your flightplan and select "find route" you are presented with a map section. If you scroll to your destination airport and click on it a pop up box will appear with the airport information ie:-
Runways
Com freqs
ILS freqs
Runway headings
The ILS freqs are then entered into the Nav 1 on the radio stack.
Hope this helps! I'm no expert but i'm sure one will be along soon (CRJCapt 😀 ) and will be able to provide much more expert advice.
See, he beat me to it while i was writing this post. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

My friend Welshflyer is correct also. 👍 I think I'm posting too much, I need to slow down. I've been told that I should limit the forums that I post in(or buy more software).🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...