Graphics Card Problem

I have Recently bought and installed a nVIDIA 7600 gt graphics card, but when i start up Flight Sim X it says :

"Flight Simulator is not working with your video card.
Varify that you have the latest drivers installed for your video card."

I know i have the latest drivers, so what can i do to fix this problem???

All replies greatly appreciated. 😀 😀 😀

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Uninstall current graphics card drivers. Before you install your new card, you'll need to uninstall your current graphics card's drivers to avoid any potential conflicts. Right-click My Computer and select Properties. Under the Hardware tab, find the button to open the Device Manager. Your graphics card should be listed under the Display Adapter heading. Double-click the name of your graphics card to open a properties window for your current card. Under the Driver tab, click the Uninstall button.

Reinstall your new card.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ad hoc methods might work with ATI based cards, but since you have a NVIDIA, I'd rather follow the instructions given by the manufacturer. ➡ http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_installation_hints.html

I have followed these instructions each time I've installed new drivers for my NVIDIA card and never experienced any problems.

Another thought to keep in mind is that when your Windows prompt says: "Verify that you have the latest drivers installed for your video card." --it is not necessarely to be taken literally.

Often previous versions of drivers are better or work better with your particular card. So if the latest version is disappointing, try an earlier version.

As you didn't mention which OS your running, you could be experiencing difficulties with Vista. More at the Drivers Download Page ➡ http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...