fs2004 ground sky textures.....frame rate help

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

my pc is not the best in the world and upgrading is NOT possible now......just to give u a little info about my pc....the cpu runs at 500 mhz.....i no...its horrible.............but does anyone have a SPACIFIC link to were i can download some replacement ground and cloud textures so i can fly in fs with higher graphics than i do now and not have a huge impact on the framerate.....???....freeware please!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your barely above the minimum specs, your video card probably isn't.

Sorry but set it at what you can enjoy, smooth flying.

I would fly in Alaska, low scenery (winter) and stay away from big cities and major airports.

You would do better buying 2002 or better 98, you can still get good downloads for that and it would look better.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulator.aspx#sysreqs

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dorianee Trainee

yeah i know...im barely getting by with fs on my pc....i actually have fs2002....and its great i can run it with all the settings set to max.....but there are a few reasons why i dont like playing it.....first.....you cant have multiple active runways......and i like to install A LOT of ai traffic and ai smooth does not work for fs2002..............do u think mabey if i transfered some type of atc file over into the 2002 folder to enable these things?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dorianee wrote:

yeah i know...im barely getting by with fs on my pc....i actually have fs2002....and its great i can run it with all the settings set to max.....but there are a few reasons why i dont like playing it.....first.....you cant have multiple active runways......and i like to install A LOT of ai traffic and ai smooth does not work for fs2002..............do u think mabey if i transfered some type of atc file over into the 2002 folder to enable these things?

No, I doubt that it's backward compatible.
I know that's a problem but do the best you can.
I ran FS9 on a just able computer waiting for FSX to get a new one.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...