Screen Stretch Problem

Pro Member Trainee
FireX Trainee

Hello! I am hoping someone will have a solution for the problem that I am having. Flight Simulator X was working fine until I installed the SU-27 model from alphasim. Now whenever I launch it, the game takes up only two thirds horizontally of the screen. The one third of the screen at the bottom becomes black and the screen is squished into the top two thirds. This is in both virtual cockpit and the camera outside the plane (both in full screen and windowed mode). However in the mode where the hud is 2D, it works fine. I have tried updating to the latest drivers for my video card, playing with resolutions, graphic settings and such.

the weirdest part is that now this happens with every plane.

My computer specs are:

Intel Pentium D 2.86GHZ
2 gigs of ram
geforce 6200se (borrows video memory from ram)

Help?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have you checked your Screen Resolution?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway FireX 🍻

The SU-27 from AlphaSim is FS2004(FS9) only. Some FS9 aircraft work in FSX but some don't. Remove the plane to see if everything returns to normal.
http://www.alphasim3.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=153

Pro Member Trainee
FireX Trainee

Thank you for your help! Removing the su-27 seemed to have fixed the problem. Is there any way though to make it work with FSX?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

FireX wrote:

Thank you for your help! Removing the su-27 seemed to have fixed the problem. Is there any way though to make it work with FSX?

I don't know, they changed some things in FSX that are not compatible with FS9.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...