FS2004 Installation Problems

Guest Guest

Try to install in custom mode (both Compact and Complete), get to Disk2 and 39% and it tells me that "MSGAME5.CAB" is corrupt. 😞

Can you help??

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Have you had fs9 up and running before ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

The disk is messed up, take it back and get another, and if it does it again...i'd say its your pc's cd drive for some odd reason

No, It will only load with express install.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Is the cd clean(no finger prints or scratches) ❓
Carefully clean the cd

If you have two cd drives ie cd burner and a dvd drive try loading from other drive

Is it an original cd,not a copy ❓
It may be that you have bad cd,can you take it back?

Yes Its an original.

It was bought off e-bay (sealed).

Have tried it in both of my CD Drives and on other computers.

I didn't know if there was a patch or something that may be able to help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If it didn't wok on someone else's computer besides your own then the disk(S) are bad.
Call MS and ask them where you can return it for a replacement without the receipt.
Tell them you lost it.
If you have a Fry's near you and it's in the original box they'll give you a new one most will stores replace like with like if it has been opened.
Don't mention e-bay.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Edward Arruda (flychem) Trainee

Recently reformatted my HD (for non FS problem) and tried to reinstall FS9 when I experienced "msgame1.cab error". Did not understand why this would happen since I was installing from a CD. Ran the CD through my CD cleaner and the installation went without a hitch.

same here, mine worked well before but I had to to format the hd and after that I only get to CD2 under custom install, express workes however.

the only thing different is that Im using xp sp2 😳

brian_lds Guest

I need all files from cd2. I broke my cd accidentaly. So if I could copy the files fromo someone, please tell me. My email is briandp87@hotmail.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

brian_lds wrote:

I need all files from cd2. I broke my cd accidentaly. So if I could copy the files fromo someone, please tell me. My email is briandp87@hotmail.com

Take a look at this post.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2973/fs2004-disk-4/

Radar

xgaass Guest

Anonymous wrote:

same here, mine worked well before but I had to to format the hd and after that I only get to CD2 under custom install, express workes however.

the only thing different is that Im using xp sp2 😳

I think Win XP SP2 is the problen, cause I had the FS2004 installed before formating without any problem, but now at 18% sais msgame1.cab, bla, bla, bla,...

NEED AN UNSER PLEASE!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Uninstall the sim, all of it.
Go to control panel/add or remove programs/ remove SP2.
Reinstall the sim.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

xgaass Guest

I´d found this on other forum..:

"That's the exact reason that I point all of my auto-installers to a temp folder first, from there, I can pick and choose what I actually place into the Sim. And the fx files are in MSGAME1.CAB on Disk 1. Put the disk in, exit the installer, then open the directories with Windows Explorer. You should be able to open the cab file like any other folder then drag the contrail files into the effects folder (opened in a separate window). Just over-write the corrupted ones."

and this on other:
The following may be useful for anyone searching for a file on the FS2004 CD's.

disk1
msgame1.cab -folders- 1033,aircraft,autogen,charts,config,effects,flights,fonts
msgame2.cab -folders- fsweb,

disk2
msgame3.cab -folders- gauges,indeo,lessons,messages,modules,script,texture,uires,weather
msgame4.cab -folders- sound/usenglishsmall.gvp
msgame5.cab -folders- sound/usenglishbig.gvp
msgame6.cab -folders- sound,

disk3
msgame7.cab -folders- scenery/cities/newyork,seattle
msgame8.cab -folders- scenery/base,eure,eurw,generic,namc,name,namw,props,vehicles
msgame9.cab -folders- scenery/cities/dallas,denver,oshkosh,stmaarten,

disk4
compact - scenery.cfg
complete - scenery.cfg
scenery/cities/ remaining from disk3
scenery/afri,asia,aust,ocen,same,world

www.dargel.cc Guest

I got the game for Christmas and for 20 days I tried everything that I read on forums, that microsoft said and tips and hints that I could find on the web. Then like a biblical thing in my dreams one night the idea came up 😳 . Try installing in safe mode.

When I woke up in the morning, I turn on the computer, started going with F8 F8 F8 F8 F8 until the black screen came up with white letter, how do you want to start your computer, safe mode, command promp, last good configuration, etc, etc. I choose Safe mode, then on the user screen I chose Administrator.

Once I was log in I inserted my FS2004 CD1, it started to run, first error came up. We can run it, but you will not have sound. Accepted the error and then the installation went on and it didn't stop until the end. Then after all the 4 CDs it did a scenary unzip or something like that.

After the installation was finish 110% I restarted my computer in normal mode, and ran the game and though I had homework and projects I played the whole freaking weekend.

Hope it helps...happy flying

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...