"Jumpy" Video Playback

Pro Member Trainee
David Locatell (daveloc) Trainee

Why does my video playback jump around like the St Vitus Dance?. I've got a NEW computer,320GB drive 2GB ram Dual core pentim chip. FX runs SMOOTHLY with all Frame rates and scenery ETC firewalled. Video playback is AWFUL.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Where are you playing videos from? Stored on the hard drive, streaming from a website, a DVD?

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

My instant replays jump about which is really annoying even if the fps were high on the original action

you must be running Microsoft WIndows Media Player version 11.

if so, you can down grade to v10.

v11 sucks.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

Hey guys, maybe he's talking about playing it back internally in Flight Simulator.

I don't know about you, daveloc, but MSFS only lets me record at 4 frames/second max, so replay has no chance of running smooth.

mdaskalos

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

For just playing back to watch, without wanting to edit, use this:

http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Very easy and resource friendly. Idea

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...