CPU

mampy Guest

Hi continuing the CPU thread I am about to build a new PC and install FSX
will a Celeron D356/360 be ok or Pentium D900 series ( tight budget ) your thoughts please. Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Guest Guest

Ignore a Celeron if you have gaming ambitions. A Celeron is basically a Pentium 4 with much lower amount of cache. A Celeron would be fine for basic computer needs. A pentium D is a Dual core cpu and has much more power for intensive tasks like FSX for example.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

Definately the Pentium. The Pentium D is no flash feat in itself, but the celeron is even worse! 😂

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I built my current system with a Pentium D 805 Smithfield which was VERY overclockable.. (2.66ghz to 3.6ghz!!!) and thought I was hot stuff, until I put in a Core2Duo E6300 1.86ghz and literally blew the Pentium D out of the water!!! It runs less hot, uses less watts, and is much much faster than any other dual core out there! The Core 2 Duo series is the way to go... I DOUBLED my FSX performance over the Pentium D. You can right now get the E6300 on NewEgg.com for $174.99. I paid $200 for mine, so that is a great deal.

I would bite the bullet and build the system right the first time, AND with the proper board/cpu/memory/cooling combo, you can overclock the HECK out of an E6300.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

will a Celeron D356/360 be ok or Pentium D900 series ( tight budget ) your thoughts please. Thanks

God Forbid... 😳

read all the good advice above.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...