The inner workings of my super computer

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

So this afternoon I thought I'l do a bit of spring cleaning, so I dismantled my PC and took it down stairs. For those that haven't cleaned there old PC's my advise is to do so. Or take it to a shop that does it. I've had my PC for at least 6 months and I was surprised about the amount of dust that was found. Not only on the cables and inside the case but the amount that was in my CPU cooler, more about my cooler later.

OK first off is my motherboard. This is an A8N-SLI motherboard, this is an extreme gaming platform with dual-graphics card and dual-channel memory designs and supports the powerful K8 939 CPU. Play DOOM3 the way it is meant to be played and shatter all records on 3D Mark05. This powerful solution also features top specifications such as SATA 3Gb/s, RAID, 1394, 10 USB connections and 8-channel audio

CPU
This is an AMD Athlon 64bit Processor. This runs at 2.2Ghz but this can be overclocked to 3.7Ghz. This also runs cool & quiet as well.
The benefits are
* Reduces heat output from your PC
* Quiet PCs for a quiet home
* Can reduce PC power consumption
So when I'm surfing of doing some college in office, my CPU is running at just over 1Ghz which reduces the heat. But when playing FS9 or any other graohical intense game the CPU jumps back upto 2.2Ghz.

CPU Cooler

This is of the biggest CPU cooler's I've ever seen. This is big. I've put my moblie next to it for comparsion.

Random Acceses Memory

I have installed 2x 1024 Mhz DDR400Mhz PC3200 184-pin DIMM

Graphics Card
Here is my VGA. This is an ASUS Geforce 6600GT 256MB PCI-Express. This is now out dated and just waiting for the newer cards to arrive.

Sound Card.
This is a Creative Soundblaster 24bit Live. This is a bog standard Sound Card but it does what I want, and that is it produces sound.

Hard Drive
I have 2 hard drives installed. The first is my Maxtor 145Gb IDE. This has Windows Vista and a small partiation for Linux.

My second HD is a Hitachi Desktar 160Gb SATA-II and runs at 7200RPM and has a 8MB buffer

After putting the parts back together I turn my baby back on and it works.

Here it is in my bedroom back where it belongs and all wired up.

Hope you enjoyed and drooled over it.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

wow omg i want

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Drool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Lovely setup 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I think that cell phone fan is a really great idea. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Beautiful machine, keeping it clean is something all should do.
I'm continually checking it for dust build-up and mine isn't anywhere as powerful as that.
Adding a fan in the rear and a PCI fan are the best moves I made to keep a stock machine cool.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

When does the Pentagon want it back! 😂

Jamie4590 Guest

I can't move my computer around as I have a very touchy speaker cable but I plan on building my own in the future. Every month I will buy a stupendiously expensive component and then put it all together to create the ultimate flight sim computer setup.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Very nice pc Liono!
Dust is a pc's worst enemy. I destroyed mine.
Fight it back by following liono's example, unless you want an exuse for a new pc...

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

A meen machine ❗ 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Cheers and thanks 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...