Radio procedures for the ILS

Pro Member Trainee
luigi_m_ Trainee

I know how to fly an ILS, but I don't know the radio telephony and what you say at what point. Can anyone help or tell me any websites?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Not sure i really understand you on this one, i normally just reply to the ATC instructions.

Pro Member Trainee
luigi_m_ Trainee

I mean, for example, I know you say "Localiser established" when have [obviously] established the localiser, but are there any other R/T functions I have to report, or just confirm the ATC's commands?

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I don't think there are any other RT procedures other than the default commands, but there are some other ATC programmes around to addon, but i don't know anything about them,sorry! 😞 I'm sure that someone who does will be along shortly! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

luigi_m_ wrote:

I know how to fly an ILS, but I don't know the radio telephony and what you say at what point.

What do you mean by 'radio telephony'? Are you flying for a VA using a microphone?

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Good question, did'nt think of that! Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

You don't normally make 'reports' except I suppose in exceptional situations (extreme / unexpected weather conditions for example).

As far as I know, most reports you make are previously requested by ATC; "report passing 2000 ft", "report passing OM", "report reaching" (when taxiing to the holding point), "report ready for descend (/ top of descend)" etc.

Exception being reporting clear of the runway after landing... other than that I can't really think of many more pilot-reports.

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I think me means the radio messages you give to an airport which doesn't have ATC giving instructions, like "XXX is on downwind"...."XXX is on crosswind"...."XXX is on base"....."XXX is on short final"..., no?

Pro Member Trainee
luigi_m_ Trainee

That is kind of what I meant, but I have found everything I need to know now though.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...