I just finished doing an update

Pro Member Trainee
Bob Suchowierski (Bob-Ski) Trainee

Crying or Very sad
I just finished doing an update and I’m now thinking I may have made a mistake with the CPU.
Current (just done about 1 month ago)
GeForce 7800 GSOC APG 8x/4x 256MB GDDR3 card and a new PRC-INT-P434ET Intel Pentium 4 3.4GHz 800MHz S478 OEM. I also have 2.5 of memory. Total cost just about $600.00 I keep looking at the Intel Core Duo Processor T2500 2 GHz FSB: 667 MHz Cache: 2 MB Process: 65 nm. Socket 478.

Before I did the up-grade I ran the Microsoft Game Advisor and my machine came up as being in the low end of bar #7. About the center of the slowest / fastest machine. After doing the upgrades I retested and am now in the upper 25% of the fastest machines. Any ideas about what the Intel Core Duo Processor would do for me? Am I crazy for thinking about doing this? Additional cost would be between $270.00 and $350.00

Bob
Crying or Very sad

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

It'll probably help to go dualcore, butr I think you need to factor a new MOBO in your cost, no Socket 478 CPUs are dual-core.

mdaskalos

Pro Member Trainee
Bob Suchowierski (Bob-Ski) Trainee

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...