Mountains are filled in with water

Donkey2 Guest

Has anyone else had the problem where it appears as if the valleys between mountains are filled with water?

If so, how do you fix it?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you can post a screen shot or tell us the area that it's in maybe we can help.

Radar

Well, it's like a grey sheet that cuts across everything at a specific altitude.

When i'm below it, everything is grey and foggy. But when I get above it, the skies instantly turn blue!

Please help.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Sounds like weather. As requested please post a screenshot.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

Well, it's like a grey sheet that cuts across everything at a specific altitude.

When i'm below it, everything is grey and foggy. But when I get above it, the skies instantly turn blue!

Please help.

That is fog you are seeing. Usually seen in low lying areas such as between hills in specific weather conditions.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Mmmm.... If it's the gray flat, sheet, that he's talking about I don't think it's fog. I've experianced it in parts of Antarctica when I flew a 727 there once - it definately doesn;t look like it's intended to be there as an effect (ie... like fog), its a sheet of grey, totally flat, not mist-like, and the aircraft dips in and out of it, as if there is some sort of graphical error going on....

My advice would be try flying somewhere else and see if you still get it... I only got it in cold remote, icy places where the FS developers obviously didn't see the area as a priority for texture development (rightly so).

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I read something about this a while back and can't remember what the problem was.
Did you change any cloud textures and what is your mitmap set at.
How much ram do you have.
What is your video card.

Radar

Ya, it must be some graphical glitch because. Most of the other places I fly do not have it, but some places like Banff Canada do have it. Pitty, Banff is such a nice place to fly.

I have a p4 2.6c 800mhz fsb with 1 gig dual ddr and gefore 5600 FX on an SATA hard drive.

My video card may be the problem as well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have a good system as long as you don't have all of your slides maxed out.
There are problems with some of Nvidias drivers and FS9.
I wouldn't bother with them if it's only happening in one area, you might make it worse or run into another problem changing drivers.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...