Can I get sound of flaps being extended and landing gear?

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

When I've been inside the fuselage of a real commercial airliner, whenever the we're preparing to takeoff, I've always heard those flaps being extended or lowered. The sound is usually fairly loud but FSX doesn't include that. And landing gear is usually very easily heard and felt but FSX doesn't include that.

Are there soundsets out there for these components?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

I'm not sure where you audio are set, but I here them quite well. The 737 it is hard to hear, but there. Try the DC-3 (flaps sound like a whine) or any of the twin props - you will here flaps and gear.

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

I've heard the click that occurs when you first hit the switches, but shouldn't there be a long hydraulic whine while they're being extended, in the larger commercial airliners like the A320, 737... no?

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

The bigger the jet, the further the cockpit is away from the flaps. What you hear in the cabin is diferent from whatyoumight hear in the cockpit.

Wextend your flaps and retract them while you're at the gat with the engines idling; you should hear them easily.

mdaskalos

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...