World.cab file Disc 4 not readable

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

Just reinstalled FS9 on my shiny new system. Specs are decent but not exceptional. OS is Vista Home Premium. However, as I placed disk 4 in the drive, I was told that the file "world.cab" was not readable.

It hasn't stopped FS9 from working - the planes fly just fine (well, as well as I can fly them) but the scenery is dreadful, with no visible terrain except squares of brown and green. Airports and major cities appear just fine.

Any thoughts?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

I am really just taking a shot here, but it looks like this file contains a lot of textures required to build the global environment.

I am uploading the file for you here:
www.ardst.nl/dump/WORLD.CAB
Give it a few hours after the time of this post (19:52 GMT) to finish uploading as the file is 200+ MB in size.

Download it, save it, and use a compatible decompression program, WinRAR, Winzip etc, to extract the file.

Select the following folder as as target location, and do not forget to select the "Use Folder Names" option.
..:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World

All files will be extracted to that folder (just to state the obvious) so if you want to be safe, back up this folder first (although chances are, that folder is empty in your case, if not non-existent)

If anything were to go wrong, simply delete everything in ..:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\ and then place back the backup you made.

Good luck, let me know if it worked out 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

All seems well, thank you very much sir 😀

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Glad it worked 👍

Aurélien_Tombstone Guest

I need the file please! World.cab please !!! I try everything but that doesn't work please! 😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...