Dual core use

Pro Member Trainee
teamo Trainee

I remember reading a post about using the other core of a dual core amd for fs9. I did a search but I cannot find it. It gave instructions on how to split the workload in fs9 between the two cores and optimize performance.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
teamo Trainee

I right clicked on fs9.exe and selected set affinity. The list showed cpu 0 and cpu 1 checked off. The rest of the list was greyed out so I couldn't select any more from the list. I read somewhere that the cpu 0 is a virtual dual core and has something to do with hyperthreading. Does this mean that my machine is only recognizing one cpu? I have an AMD dual core x2.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

teamo wrote:

I right clicked on fs9.exe and selected set affinity. The list showed cpu 0 and cpu 1 checked off. The rest of the list was greyed out so I couldn't select any more from the list. I read somewhere that the cpu 0 is a virtual dual core and has something to do with hyperthreading. Does this mean that my machine is only recognizing one cpu? I have an AMD dual core x2.

You only have 2 core, so the others can't have checks in them.

Follow the steps he laid out and you'll see the spread across the two.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...